Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hey! Thanks, Liebster!

I usually don't like surprises, but this was a really nice one. I was just sitting here reading my niece, Maria's, newest blog entry, when she started to mention this Liebster Blog Award she received from one of her blog friends. I thought, "aww, that's so nice". 

Well, surprise, surprise, as I read on to find that, not only did my niece pass on the Liebster Award to her mother's blog (my sister), but also to me and my little blog!

And per her own words, she swears she gave no familial perks when choosing, even stating how much of a loser it must make her appear for doing so (Talk about honoring thy family, right?), even though she used the strict criteria of "content, dedication (aka frequent posting) and fantastic and ever changing banners".  It's probably that and the fact that she only follows a handful of blogs anyway. But I'll just go with the fact that my sister and I have awesome blogs, and it's only natural that we are the chosen ones. =) Therefore, I'll graciously accept this award, Miss Maria. Thank you! When do we walk the red carpet?

According to Maria's quote of someone else's quote of, I think, someone else:
"Some time (in the recent past), somewhere (rumor has it that it might be Germany), someone (I guessing he/she was named Liebster*) decided to do something nice for a whole lot of bloggers and started the Liebster Blog Award.
It’s an award you receive, but it is also an award that you give. If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose 3 other bloggers and send them one as well."

*UPDATE: I just wanted to clarify that the receiver of the award should in no way feel obligated to pass the award on. It is a gift given with no expectations. =)*


After a little further research, I've also learned that this particular award should be given to smaller blogs, which is cool for us little people. I would love to pass on this award but seeing as I follow well over 300 blogs, this will take some careful consideration.

Okay, maybe not, because three already popped right into my head:

First, is Irene, whose got two blogs I follow, so I'm thinking I'm allowed to consolidate and count them as one. The first one is I Can't Stand Meeting You; her funny and personal letters to Stewart Copeland, former drummer for The Police/now film composer extraordinaire. And don't worry, Irene is fully aware of how it might look at first glance for her to be writing letters to someone she doesn't know. That's no bother to me, though. I'd probably do the same thing if I'd thought of it first. =) Her other blog, Maturity Is A Bitter Disappointment, is about her everyday life. She's sharp and witty and makes me laugh. Plus, she and her husband just had their first baby, Jules, and  I'm looking forward to many funny Mommy stories.

Second is, Forgotten Disc Friday, because every Friday he digs down deep into his music collection and listens to an album front to back (technically, it's not front to back anymore if it's a cd, but I'll never stop using that phrase) and then he gives a detailed personal review of each song, the disc overall, if he's ever seen the band live, where the band is now, and his overall analysis of the album; whether it's weathered through the years or not. It's a cool site. Check it out.

And finally, some photography, at Tattered And Lost Vernacular Photography. It's just what it sounds like. Old and sometimes tattered photographs that are picked up at garage sales, thrift shops, antique shops, etc, are given a new home and new life on this blog. My favorite was the recent multi-posting of The Strangest Photo Album I Ever Bought.

There are blog awards given out left and right in the blogging world. Believe me, as mentioned above, I follow 300+ blogs and awards are shelled out left and right, but The  Liebster Blog Award is all about the little guy, and giving them some well-deserved kudos, and maybe a few more followers, too.  So, I hope you  visit three of my faves, and thanks again, Maria, for honoring me. 


*I'm thinking since it supposedly originated in Germany, that Liebster is meant as "dearer", or "liebst", which is love, in German. So, we're the dearest, loveliest of blogs. =)


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind comment about my weird photo world. I will now in kind find some people to mention at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, guys, for having really cool blogs. Oh, and maybe I should have clarified, that you should not feel obligated to pass on the award at all. It's given without any expectations. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gave me the opportunity and a nudge to enlighten others about a few other fun vernacular photography blogs so all 'n' all a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm honored! Hopefully I can keep blogging regularly with the little guy in tow! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)