Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Fridays

I don't know how you feel, but for me, Fridays are even happier during the holiday season, if that's even possible.


Here are a few more pictures from Christmas Past, 2011. 

I don't know what all the fuss is that I see about the "elf on a shelf", but this is my elf. He is handmade and I bought him several years ago at a Christmas Fair at the hospital where I was working.

via www.foobella.blogspot.com

He had a buddy, but I lent it to a co-worker so she could make a pattern of her own and I never got him back. My poor lonely elf. I think about his partner every year. Look at that precious ric rac hair. 
(And yes, I put Christmas bows everywhere.)


The garland on the tree below was cut out from an old calendar. 
I love all the colors it had it in. Kind of pinks and reds. 

via www.foobella.blogspot.com

You see the nativity on the white table above? My sister and her husband made those years ago. 
The figures are carved into the wood blocks and then painted. I love them.


via www.foobella.blogspot.com

Happy Weekend, and take it easy. 
Don't sweat it if everything isn't as perfect as you pictured in your mind. 
Christmas time is supposed to be peaceful. 

4 comments:

  1. Aw...me thinks you need to make your elf a pal...you can do it!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing cherished holiday decorations. The elf is so cute and he seems happy (at least he is smiling) so he can't be too lonely. Maybe one day you'll find a friend for him. ;)

    Your homemade garland is lovely. I like that it is from an old calendar. I'm actually planning to do a garland post this week too. Great minds think alike!

    Only about a week more until Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)