Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let It Snow

After my soggy bottom adventures at the end of the week, I woke up Saturday to the heavy snow the weatherman had been promising all week. I didn't leave the house the entire weekend and finally, on Sunday evening, I decided to venture out in the snow. I really wanted a cup of joe from Aromas and also to see the City Center fountain in the snow.

I wish I had my camera out when a young couple were doing donuts on the road, probably in their parents' car.


I almost fell on the ice only about a dozen times, soooo, that was a well earned cup of coffee, let me tell you.

Don't worry, I drank it in the warmth of the coffee shop.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures....I'm surprised that the city doesn't require sidewalks to be cleaned...up here if you have a sidewalk it needs to be cleaned in 24 hours...or something like that!:)

    That's so great that you can walk places!

    We got another 4"-5" last night on top of the 6" we got Sat and sounds like we are in for another one Friday.....NOOOOOO....that's just my 2nd day of work!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Actually, that sidewalk had a "sidewalk closed" sign, which might have even been there before the snow. But yes, for the most part, none of the sidewalks were cleared.

    Hoping for more snow this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)