Friday, February 11, 2011

Fill The Space With Color

I took B/W film photography way back in the late 80's/early 90's and pretty much know my way around a camera, but I still have to take a digital photography class for my Computer Arts curriculum. And really, that isn't a bad thing when you love what you are doing. Plus, I've actually learned some new tricks on photo editing, which is always good.

Our first portfolio assignment is all about color. Our one basic rule was to "fill the space with color". We had to turn in a digital contact sheet with a minimum of 200 photos, but thankfully, we only had to edit 5 of those photos. And that's not saying the other 195 pictures could look like crap. You had to get rid of all the (as the prof calls them) "blinkies and blurries". I think "blurries" is self-explanatory, but I had to ask what he meant by blinkies, which are any pictures with people whose eyes are closed. Not that we would expect to have many of those in this assignment.

Here are a few of my favorites:

_MG_6532
An awesome quilt my sister made me for Christmas

_MG_6664
A plant in the lobby of our office building that always catches my eye when I pass it.

_MG_6809
Let's see if anyone can guess what this is.

You can see a few more at my flickr page. I haven't loaded all 200, because, really, I can't put a picture on my flickr page that I haven't edited first. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)