Thursday, March 26, 2015

These Trees

I have been passing by these trees for years. Every time I do, I tell myself that I will photograph them from the perfect vantage point in all four seasons.  I have yet to do so.
I don't know exactly what it is about them.
They are especially sculptural at this time of year,
but really, they stand out in all seasons. 


I think I might even have some photos of them that were taken years ago with my film camera.
It will take some digging to find that out.



I don't even know what kind of trees they are. Sycamores? 

I do love seeing them, though.
They are like old friends.
If you ever find yourself on the corner of Francis Street and S Nassau Street in Williamsburg,
maybe you, too, will see why I like them so much.

☻☺☻

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I think they are sycamores like we had in NN. They are kinda cool looking but they have been topped and that is not good for a tree.
    The b+w photo looks like a bunch of giraffe heads!!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They DO look like giraffe heads!! ha!

      And I looked up topping and found this site, which may explain why CW does this. http://www.afmanconsulting.com/articles/pollarding.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting by my blog! I think the trees are pollarded,what amazing shapes! i can see why you keep wanting to portray them in the bright clear light of winter!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)