Friday, November 2, 2018

Crappy Halloween

Halloween, though one of my favorite holidays, is always a bust in our neighborhood. 
No trick or treaters ever, even though I dress up my porch every year, and play scary music.
Everyone seems to be doing Trunk or Treat instead.

That's no fun.

When I was a kid I loved nothing more than walking down the dark and spooky streets running from house to house being scared out of my mind. I remember there was a house down the street that scared me and thrilled me at the same time. All they had was scary music playing. I don't even think the homeowner showed their face when they handed out the candy.  That's it! But I loved it so much! 

Now that I think about it, how was it that I was such a brave kid on halloween night, but I couldn't even walk down the hallway in my house without all the lights on? ha.

Oh well, I still enjoy spookifying my house, even if it ends up just being for JC and me. 

Halloween via foobella.blogspot.com

Halloween via foobella.blogspot.com

Halloween via foobella.blogspot.com



Here are a few photos from early Halloween morning at Colonial Williamsburg.

darkness at Colonial Williamsburg via foobella.blogspot.com

darkness at Colonial Williamsburg via foobella.blogspot.com

darkness at Colonial Williamsburg via foobella.blogspot.com

I saw on our neighborhood page that someone close by had "three adorable trick or treaters", so maybe there is hope for next year. 

Thanks for visiting. 

🎃

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the nature of trick or treating is changing now. Parents are overprotective and kids want the candy without the work. C'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about parents being overprotective. Maybe they are just being lazy, too. I wonder if the kids would beg them to go trick or treating if they knew what they were missing. ha.

      Delete

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)