Friday, June 24, 2011

Eat This Crumpet

That boyfriend of mine. He's very creative and funny, and I love it when you put the two together.

There is this artist's blog that I made him follow. His name is Marc Johns and I've always liked his simply rendered, witty little watercolors. I must admit, though, just how envious I am of his selling power, something I'd love to be able to do, and so, at times we do poke a little fun at him.

So, one day, I get an email from my bf with Marc Johns' most recent work, pictured below:



source: Marc Johns

See, my bf loves crumpets, and almost every evening when we are talking on the phone, he's having one for dessert. A crumpet, that is, not a trumpet. So then, a few minutes later, I get this masterpiece, inspired by the above artwork:
Eat This Crumpet
Need I say more? 

Well, I will. I loved this so much, I asked him to draw something else for me. He asked what I'd like him to draw and the first thing that came to mind was a flying boat.  His response was, "you mean a sea-plane?" I said, "I'm thinking bird wings, not plane wings". 
This Boat Has Wings
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)