Monday, November 12, 2012

Paper Doodles

I finally caved and purchased my first app for the ipad. It's called 'Paper' by 53, I posted about it on Halloween. I love it. It's a drawing app that does more than just draw. See for yourself with some of my first doodles.

The fishy below was done with the free version, which comes with just a fountain pen and limited color palette. For $6.99 you get the full essentials package which also includes a pencil, marker, ink pen, and watercolor brush.
fish via foobella.blogspot.com

Below is the first picture I drew with the full compliment of tools in Paper. What does that say about me, especially since I don't drink a lot of wine? I have no idea, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I think because drawing bottles and glassware is so easy. Look what you can do with the watercolor brush.  So sweet.
wine 2 go via foobella.blogspot.com

 This app is so much fun. It gives me freedom to be creative without making a mess. 

We watched Brave this weekend. It was such a cute movie. Although, my drawing of Merida (which sounded like they were saying "murder" the whole movie. ha) came out looking more like a Barbie doll. Oh well. It's still fun. Maybe my drawing skills will improve with time.
Brave via foobella.blogspot.com

Jason pointed to a print on his wall and told me to draw it, which is below. I'll post a picture of the real thing for comparison when I get a chance. 
watercolor marina using Paper by 53 via foobella.blogspot.com

Like I said above, the free version has a limited color palette, but when you pay for the essentials package you get a lot more colors. And if I find I use this a lot there is also a color mixer I can purchase for $1.99. All in all, it's kind of an expensive app, but I think it's worth it. It is so fluid and responsive to your fingtertip or stylus. And, did I mention it's fun?

Here is a picture of what the app looks like including the color mixer, which is extra. 

Within the app, it has journals that you can rename and add pages to endlessly. 

Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing like the real thing. To have a real pen, pencil, paint brush in your hand, there is no comparison, but just think of what you can do with this. I could see using it to experiment with an idea before you put it to paper. Or, this could be an online art journal, and a place to take notes or jot down ideas. Mock up that idea you have for your backyard landscaping that you will one day get to? You can save each page to your camera roll or share them. Right now I am just going to have fun with it. 

And no, I did not get paid to rave about this app. That's just how much I love it. I think I need a few more followers before anyone would want to pay me to blog about their products. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. If I have comment moderation on it may take a while for your comment to appear. =)